Monday 12 May 2014

Coffee Morning

Sitting around Caroline's scrubbed pine table
eating banana cake and drinking cappuccino
was just what I needed on Friday morning.
Caroline told us about her birthday trip to Venice
and we admired her new Murano glass tumblers.


Helen has just moved house
and she has been organising squads
of plumbers, decorators and removals
with the skill of a Major-General.
I'm going to try and persuade her to let me
tell you the story about her chandeliers.


Another friend, Jane, had just got back
from watching the Easter processions in Seville,
something I have always wanted to do.

After a couple of hours of cake, coffee,
laughter and making plans for another day out
my Thursday blues had been forgotten.

*****

Thank you for all your sweet comments,
I really needed a bracing talk
of the 'pull yourself together' variety
but you were kind enough not to notice.

8 comments:

  1. Look at that cappuccino. Perfect.
    Friends are the best panacea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends and banana bread - always a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends, cake and laughter, an excellent restorative combination. I have some of that booked for Saturday and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mornings like that, they always leave me feeling so energised. Hope you have a good week too, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, pull or not, you will be fine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that mug! Sorry you had a day that needed a bracing walk. I have those. It's such a relief when they end. Thankyou for your comment on my old china post Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 12, 2014

    Sometimes a visit with friends is exactly the thing you need --

    ReplyDelete
  8. kitchen table therapy. it is magical.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.