Tuesday, 14 January 2014

soliloquy


It appears that at some point in the last six months I stopped being angry with myself for failing to match up to my own expectations. Was it a gradual process? If there was a switch that flicked I cannot recall the moment when it happened. All I know is that tonight as I tried to motivate myself to do the numerous tasks that should be done to make life run smoothly and listed the things that had not been done I heard a voice in my head say "You have been busy and you are tired, don't expect to do everything, be kind to yourself". Where did this advice come from? Have I unconsciously absorbed it from something I have read or finally listened to MrM or has the advice that I give other people bounced back to me? Is it a permanent change or just a temporary outbreak of common sense? I don't know the answers to these questions but it feels like a good thing, this letting go. It is never too late to start being kind to yourself.

16 comments:

  1. Dear MrsM...i think it would be a good idea for me to commit that last line to a needlepoint sampler to put in front of my mirror. By the time i finished the stitching, it may have seeped into my soul. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mrs M. Perhaps some congratulatory cake on a blue and white plate is in order...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope for you that it is permanent, but enjoy it nonetheless! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave yourself good advice - and after all, there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comforting to know this CAN happen. I am pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to convince myself too. To my husband it seems to be second nature, he can't imagine why I worry about 'things' . Hope you've made a permanent breakthrough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you. Sometimes I ask myself, what advice would I give a friend if she were in my position? It's always kinder and more sensible that the things I try and make myself do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, it's never too late. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's hope it is a permanent change. Good advice for us all. I hope your "toff" is getting betting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, kindness. Yes. It saved me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes; good! all blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liz in Missouri USAJanuary 14, 2014

    This makes me feel very happy for you. A little kindness - especially with ourselves, is a fine thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know either, but it is very sensible advice and I'm glad you're listening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have what you're having, if you can send some.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.