Wednesday 4 April 2012

keeping it simple

I can't wait for the Easter weekend.

I shall rest and read books, dig in the garden and hang out the washing.

I shall listen to the radio and do the ironing.

I shall restore the house to the pre-decorator levels of chaos which were acceptable rather than the post-decorator levels which are not.

I shall think about what we will eat and take time to cook it.

I shall cook fish pie and roast lamb, lemon cake and soft boiled eggs.

I shall empty my mind of the chaotic clutter of the term.

I must do that.

I must.

18 comments:

  1. Time for a coffee cake ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming to eat.

    (except not really) (besides, that would be too much work for you and I mean for you to relax and eat those eggs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I shall rest and read books"...that's exactly my plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, make a coffee cake and sit and eat it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect Easter weekend. Enjoy! K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going back to work. That's always been my life ... when people go on vacation THAT'S when I work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good plan. Relax and enjoy your lemon cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds a lot. Can you pare it down to reading and eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds pretty fantastic to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds wonderful, but I think Coffeelady might be right --

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have done all that except work in the garden. Maybe tomorrow.
    Post what you are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a lovely Easter Alice, sounds like a perfect recipe you have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to bake a cake for a friend who will visit me at Easter, I wonder which sort I should make?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy reading, eating and relaxing.
    May your weekend be just as you wish it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a very restful Easter Alice .

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've had quite a time these last few weeks; good idea to rest and recover. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.