Monday 1 August 2011

Christmas in July

MasterM
We are having a party tomorrow
"Christmas in July"

MrM
I don't want to be picky
but it is August tomorrow
.

MasterM
Whatever.
All my best friends are coming
and we are having stockings
and a tree...


MrsM
Don't take a tree from somewhere obvious.

MasterM
Don't worry
we are taking a truck to a forest
and cutting down a tree with a saw.


MrsM
What are you going to wear?

MasterM
Obviously, we are all going to wear
our Santa outfits.


MrsM
It sounds really fun.
Have you got some tinsel for the tree?


MasterM
I am not sure about tinsel
but we are thinking about
borrowing a reindeer.
There is a reindeer farm quite nearby...

10 comments:

  1. Will he be acquiring the reindeer at the same time as the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Borrowing a reindeer sounds like a fun enterprise, do let us know if he pulls it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Why does this sort of scape sound so familiar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When he's done with the reindeer, I'm sure I can squeeze it into my loft with the 16 other boxes of festive essentials....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me feel old(er) all of a sudden.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 'whatever'. Moving on, mother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those Merry Young Men!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Young AcademicAugust 01, 2011

    Nothing says "Christmas" more than the judicious deployment of livestock.

    Just remember that venison should really be hung for about 10 days at about 1-2°c for maximum flavour. But, given that winter temperatures in SA are about 20°c, I wouldn't leave it more than a few hours. Serve with a delicious cranberry and redcurrant jus and Christmas really will have come early this year....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is Master M still in South Africa? We used to do this as a tradition living in Botswana because Christmas time was too hot for a "proper" Christmas dinner. A lot of people living in Africa have two Christmases!! I love reading your blog and particularly enjoy your style of writing.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.