Saturday 8 June 2013

The Battle of Cute

It's Wednesday evening
and MrsM settles down to
a brutal session of internet warfare
with MasterM in South Africa,
no holds barred.

MasterM opens with the dog/cake gambit:


MrsM responds hard with puppies,
lots and lots of puppies.

it's a strategic move
she knows it's too early to win...


MasterM cranks it up,
he's feeling confident now...
he thinks he can force MrsM
to play her winning card


MrsM brings out the piglet in socks...

surely this is Top Cute?


But no...

MasterM spins in his response:

the sad spaniel puppy


MasterM wins The Battle of Cute.

Again.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you... I love reading your blog but have never commented before...
    you are wrong- you won for cute with the piggie in socks and looks suspiciously like a hand knitted jumper!

    Cheers
    Deby (in Canada)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Deby!
      I am afraid MasterM knows my weak spot and it is spaniel puppies. He hits low.

      Delete
  2. What you need is a photo of a baby duck billed platypus... Technical term puggle. You will never lose the battle again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly the internet/phone conversations I have with No2! At the moment I'm winning with a puppy in pyjamas!
    Oh, and by the way, I'm SO tempted to dip Pip's nose in sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puppy in pyjamas?? OK - are you trading? What's it worth?

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJune 08, 2013

    I think you should have countered with Tammy the tree-climbing anteater as recently featured in the Express, yesterday. I am certain you would have won.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - that is a sure fire winner! I am going to tuck that one away for our next round.

      Delete
  5. I think that baby sloths must be an acquired taste. Baby hedgehogs on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.