Monday 26 September 2011

the road to uni

So...MrsM and MissM loaded the car with the clothes and the boots and the shoes and the handbags and the books and the wine glasses and the corkscrew and the breadknife and all of the essential items that you need to be a proper student and set off down the motorway. They noticed lots of other cars which were also going to uni and realised that everyone else had even more stuff. MrsM and MissM were particularly impressed by the boy with the ironing board.

As it is a long way to uni-land MrsM and MissM stopped overnight at a B&B which MrM had booked. It was not obvious from the website but the B&B was a centre for 'spiritual healing' and MrsM and MissM sat on the pink sofa pondering the leaflet describing the therapeutic opportunities. MrsM was tempted by the Angelic Reiki which channelled the healing powers of the Angelic Kingdom - reassuringly this worked while you were fully clothed. MissM pointed out that they were staying in the Ruby Room and so they were already experiencing the 'vibrational energy and colour of Crystal Healing' at no additional cost. It may have been the careful Feng Shui alignment of the beds or the multiple rose crystals but they both slept deeply and awoke with unblocked Auras and fully aligned Chakras ready to hit the road.

MrsM said to MissM "Remember, the Angels of Love and Light are always there for you ..." MissM replied "I know, I only have to ask for their help."

then MrsM chose the music and MissM turned up the volume and they set off again...

20 comments:

  1. That MrM always has your back, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not often openly chuckle alone, but tonight, I have enjoyed the experience immensely. Do I dare send love to someone I have never met? I believe I can be so bold. So I send love first to you Alice, driving home alone, and second to MissM, knowing for sure she has her boots on and her eyes wide open and to MrM...wondering why he did not go along to connect the computer cords and such and hoping all is well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh...MrsM...i'm laughing, and now i have a lump in my throat with and for you. now i'm going to go download that song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had had my chakras aligned and my aura clear before heading to university. Who knows what I might have accomplished?

    Signed,
    Someone Who May or May Not Dabble In Arts Even Weirder Than Angelic Reiki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Alice! Seems Miss M has made an excellent start to her next adventure, but, oh Alice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. a braver woman than me MrsM - I couldn't have driven home as I wouldn't have been able to see through the tears - that's why mummy always drives daughter to uni and daddy always drives us home without her - good luck MissM, I hope your uni experience is as much fun as your brothers sounds to be

    ReplyDelete
  7. An exquisite post, but I have a lump in my throat too.............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing Miss M much happiness and success in this new stage in her life. Sending hugs to you too for this new stage in your life! So happy to hear Thomas had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And we hope that the Angels of Love and Light are there for you too, Alice; such a bitter-sweet time, letting the last baby bird fly the nest. Very best wishes to MissM and to her lovely parents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got the essentials then - wine glasses and corkscrew. Hope Miss M has a wonderful time at uni - she's got all our good vibrations going for her as well as those angels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting journey you ladies had ...
    But i am wondering what music you listened to on your way back ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well then Chakras and Auras all squeaky clean MissM is bound to have a perfect start and with the wine glasses and corkscrew, she will have a perfect evening too.

    I hope, Alice, that MrM will treat you gently when you get back.

    Just had a giggle, my WV was le wifi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a great start to a new adventure for Miss M.
    regarding the amount of stuff in the car, you may find the on the return journey at the end of term you have considerably less room.

    (I wonder if the boy will ever use his ironing board.....)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank goodness! Imagine arriving at Uni with a blocked aura - the horror! (I send you a big hug, MrsM.) C.x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have just been awarded The Versatile Bloggers Award. YOU deserve it and I really enjoy your blog. You can find out more by going to my blog.xx

    Ps Keep your chin up Alice, Christmas hols will be here sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So good to begin a new adventure with an unblocked aura. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, MissM! The joy of starting university, and a two day trip with your mom. Bliss.
    Hugs to you, Alice, and to MrM, too.
    (Somewhat concerned that an ironing board wasn't mentioned in MissM's list of goods. Did the apple fall very far from the tree?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a positive post and yet it still brought me to tears.

    Wishing you and MissM Love and Light in this new phase of life's adventures.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excuse me while I have a little weepy snuffle. Sob.

    I am, as ever, impressed with MissM's planning - her very own corkscrew? We used to push the corks into the bottles, and these days my main selection criterion is a screwcap. I am not kidding - there is even an option for it on the Ocado website. I never claimed to be classy.

    All the best to your lovely girl, and sending lots of hugs to her wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a beautiful post. I hope I can send my boys off so gracefully in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.