Friday 4 September 2009

Message for Debbie George


Debbie George ~ Quail Eggs

Hello Debbie,
I found this painting accidentally
and fell in love immediately.

Unfortunately it has been sold.

All is not lost...
there are also your paintings of
anemone,
cyclamen,
hellebore
on sale at the Bircham Gallery.

I can't decide which one I love best
but already my credit card is
squeaking with fright.

*****

I contacted Debbie
to ask permission to use this image
and she replied with the most delightful email.
She has an exhibition in London
starting on 12th September...
details to follow !

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when you make a connection with an artist who creates works which touch you, strike a chord....
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's so lovely. Will look forward to hearing more about the exhibition. Would love to go. K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find! What deliciously naive and beautiful paintings. Lucky lucky you - you're going to OWN ONE!

    Did you come across the Bircham Gallery because of Pebbledash's recent post about those lovely misty layered paintings or did you know it already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I look forward to hearing some more about this....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How generous and kind of her. I wish I could see the exhibition too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.