Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Blind Date

MasterM tells us that it is a tradition
to go to the House Dance with a blind date
arranged by your friends.

MrsM and MissM can hardly contain their curiousity.

MrsM
What was she like?
MasterM
She is very pretty.
MissM
Did you buy her flowers?
MasterM
Of course I bought her flowers...
but I am telling you I spent SO much money.
It wasn't just the flowers...
I had to buy the pre-drinks...
beer for the guys
and champagne for the girls.
And I had to buy glasses!

MrsM
Glasses?
Champagne glasses?

MasterM
Yes...I couldn't expect them to drink champagne
out of my Protein Shake flask.


MrsM sighs.
She has nothing left to teach her son.
Her work is done.

14 comments:

  1. Just a few looooong straws might have done the trick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that sigh must have been heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A young man after my own heart. Rest on your laurels Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't the men drink champagne?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Master M. didn't have to buy his own Protein Shakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sophisticated young man... you've done well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It gives a warm glow to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could you have sent him to school without at least six champagne flutes?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. was there just a subtle hint in there somewhere that he might be running out of money........ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you must be very proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that he didn't serve them champagne from the protein drink glass! That truly is an impressive accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had to laugh at all the comments :-)

    My husband and I were set up as a blind date!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.