Wednesday 25 August 2010

O Blogging, how do I love thee?

let me count the ways...

1.
You have brought me friends
from North and South, East and West

2.
Who will turn up on a wet Monday morning
just to make me smile
(I am not counting the people who said it was sunny)
And chat amongst themselves
about carrot cake on Tuesday
(Ali, Winner of the Best Comment Award, by Public Acclaim)

3.
And take the time to write
wonderful messages for MissM...
Thank you SO much, you lovely people!

4.
Through you I can share in the joy of a new mother

5.
And the bravery of a woman that I have never met

6.
And the extraordinary creativity of a gifted friend.

7.
I can go on holiday, vicariously,
to Pragurkreece

8.
And enjoy coming home

9.
Or maybe just chill with my homies.

10.
You have allowed me to indulge my secret passions
for writing in groups of twelve,
centrally justified text.
and starting sentences with conjunctions.

11.
And given me an excuse to photograph
my mad collections of blue and white china,
peonies and weird, wobbly people.

12.
I write about my family, my work,
my home, my holidays,
my loves and hates,
my successes and failures.

Little by little, day by day,
I write a history of my life.

(Is that enough, Lucille?)

*****

I am afraid that I don't have details of the artist
for the picture used to illustrate this post.
I would be very grateful for any information.

15 comments:

  1. Alice, I look forward to reading your beautiful writing every day. It is one of the 4 blogs I check when I don't have time to read my whole blogroll. Thanks for sharing little prism pieces of your life with us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am lacking in originality today..... so am going to second Christy's sentiments. I adore your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was happily clicking through the links and got quite a surprise... thank you! I look forward to reading your blog every morning - always such thoughtful words and beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For months I have been formulating a love letter to blogging. No more. You have already done it in concise, orderly arranged sentences. I am satisfied just to read and echo your words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and you give us so much dear Alice. Friendship, laughter, comfort - the list is endless.
    Bobby x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice, I always enjoy getting your posts each morning - whatever it is you're sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good place to be, so we come back. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MrsM gets rather grumpy if she does not blog. There are periodic attempts to go cold turkey and not just at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr M's got a point. It just gets under your skin somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your blog so much Alice, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank YOU for giving us a chance to be part of all you enjoy and write about. And the pictures of your lovely china ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. and thank you also for sharing those beautiful blogs with us via your links!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The perfect riposte list in a post. I am lost in Welsh mist and the blogging is most missed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I am so glad you blog! I love stopping by to catch up! I always am guaranteed a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful post. I have a Lucille AND a Larry in my life that often ask me "why do you bother with that cr-p" (meaning blogging). They just don't get it: the joy of writing,reading and connecting with fellow artists (it is an art) even in electonic format. I think I will show them your page to let them know I'm not alone in the blogosphere. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.