Tuesday 17 August 2010

Appraisal

Miss Matilda Clevland
Johann Zoffany (1733-1810)


MrsM, it is time for your mid-term review.
Can you give me a summary of your achievements
over the past six months?

MrsM
1.
I refreshed my spice and herb collection.

This is about you, the person.

MrsM
1.
I have tried to eat one portion of fruit a day.

I had personal development in mind.
Let's think about the positive steps that you have made.

1.
I have sampled a mojito.
2.
I changed my hairdresser.
3.
I bought black patent wedges from Hobbs.
4.
My new nail polish is called Urban Trash
5.
I have Sleigh Bells on my playlist.

I can see that you are making a real effort
although I am not sure that last one is a positive step forward.


Is there anything which is acting a mental barrier?

1.
The ironing.
Especially the secondary pile which is waiting
for when I finish the primary pile.

What are your objectives for the next six months?

1.
Change my gym time from first thing in the morning
when the medical referral posse works out.
2.
Buy grey merino wrap dress.
Or maybe teal.
3.
Review options for change of handbag.
4.
Consult with Sue, the Chanel Lady
to identify the hot lipstick shades for autumn.
5.
Relocate books from staircase.

I think that the last item is a longer term project
which should be considered under Health and Safety
rather than Personal Development.

Thank you for your time.
We will meet again in six months time
to consider the spiritual and emotional challenges
that you are facing as an Empty Nester.


MrsM
Errr...that could be rather a short conversation...
can we talk about my plans
to refurbish the bathroom instead?

12 comments:

  1. I am seriously lagging in my personal development areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Objective for MrsM : to achieve a sub 6 minute time for 2 mile on cycle trainer at level 5 (both legs may be used for the avoidance of doubt).

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound like a remarkable list of achievements... I was especially impressed by the nail polish which I never achieve.
    p.s. Forget the sub 6 time on the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering ref. #4 - does this make me rural Trash?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, makes my list of a new hairstyle and walking for half an hour nearly every day look a bit sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been remiss regarding the fruit, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs M, you are a star and have achieved alot. You are clearly adapting very well to your new position and should be held up as a role model to all. Grade A* pupil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive! Does this mean you get a raise? K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Raise the bar. Incorporate shiny pink pants into your cycle training. Streamlined and a distraction for Mr M.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am daunted. Beginning with the spices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am still trying to google the urban trash colour....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Lucille.

    Refer to American Apparel (store or online) to purchase said pants.

    xx!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.