Monday 16 August 2010

Intra-House Rivalry

MrM and MrsM have a small competition going on...
it is quite simple...
how long does it take to cycle 2 miles?

MrM takes it very seriously.

MrM
So...what was your time?

MrsM
6 minutes and 12 seconds.

MrM
Well done!
pause
I expect you want to know how long it took me.
silence
5 minutes and 55 seconds.

MrsM does not lose gracefully.

MrsM
Which leg were you using?

MrM
What do you mean? I use both legs.

MrsM
Oh...I have moved onto one leg.

MrM
You can't be serious!

MrsM
Oh yes...MasterM suggested it..
it is something that he learned in the school gym...
it is a good way to increase your effort.

MrM
I would never have thought of that.

MrsM
Of course...you have to use alternate legs
otherwise you would end up
with asymmetric muscle development.

MrM
Right.

MrsM wishes she could have been a fly on the wall
when MrM tried this out in the gym.


*****

this post is going up
after MrM leaves for work

so that he has all day to calm down.

16 comments:

  1. Now that IS what I call lighting the blue touch paper...........

    What a gloriously funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MrM and MrsM will now be going for a race off on Saturday morning under match conditions. Whether their times will be wind assisted depends on the menu the previous evening ...

    WV: pefleg

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I wrote this whilst MrsM is, or should be, on her way to work

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very wicked Mrs M... and I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious, and the pic matches perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that is a "gotcha"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice, you are wicked! This will keep me giggling for the rest of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How am I supposed to get any housework done with all this hilarious reading to be had?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! And the picture is so perfect. K x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do realise, don't you, that if you beat Mr M, then Mr M will be asking that you undertake blood tests?......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for making me laugh out loud before breakfast (MrM's comment did the same)Older daugther (9) came over to see why I was laughing and read the piece looked perplexed and anounced that's not funny I don't get it... we decided it was a grown up joke and I carried on chuckling quietly while she gave me looks across the room that suggested parents are loopy..

    btw the word recog for this post is "twash" don't you think that should be a real word!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I certainly hope he remembers to change legs at the half way point.

    PS Do not serve beans or cabbage on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL....you could always tell him to 'put a cork in it!' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alice, i have tears rolling down my face from laughing! This goes down as one of my all time favorites of your posts--and that's something

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.