Thursday 4 August 2011

A Perfect Summer Day

At midday I reflect that in another life
I would have been sitting in the garden
and not in my office with the blinds drawn
surrounded by spreadsheets and invoices
and at that moment working full time
does not seem such a good idea.

At the end of the day
I stop by the office of the Admissions Tutor
and we talk of this and that and he says
"The great thing about this Department is that
you can always have a laugh about something"

and I know that despite all I have given up
I have got more than enough in return.

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you speak about your happenings. It is truly a comfort and joy to read what you so artfully write. I rarely leave comments, but when I saw the picture with the queen anne's lace on this post, I took it as a sign that I should show my gratitude, as I enjoy queen anne's lace almost as much as I enjoy your very special blog! Thank you for constantly brightening my day with your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kind is Amy?

    But I know! I was sitting in my office, blinds drawn, dreaming away and coming back to think: how lucky am I?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds like you work with some very special people x

    too hot outside yesterday at midday too, you might have been sunburnt....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are never truly satisfied are we. I have those moments of bliss that I know wouldn't be possible if I were still working, however I miss the companionship and laughter that comes from working in an office of like minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Susan T. I desperately miss the companionship of my office.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.