Wednesday 28 March 2012

love expressed in silver

This is a silver and enamel necklace
commissioned by my father and mother
and made by my friend Emma.

I am overwhelmed
by the knowledge that
my parents and Emma
worked together to create
such a beautiful object.

I have been writing this blog
since June 2007
and the necklace encapsulates
everything I value about
the experience of blogging:
the friends it has brought me
and the person that I have become
over the past five years.

A heartfelt thank you
to my father and mother
for having this wonderful idea
and to Emma for working with them
to convert love into silver.

20 comments:

  1. Well deserved, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alice what a wonderful gift, it's a beautiful necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful piece that speaks volumes.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an honour to make it Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift and so perfect on every level x

    ReplyDelete
  6. really very lovely, that Emma is one clever pebble!
    nearly 5 years, is it only that long? I feel like your blog has been part of my life forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's a little bit wonderful, that girl. As are you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhhhh *sigh* that is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just beautiful. You will always think of those lovely connections when you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful, Alice, and so is the thought behind it. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am beseiged with conflicting emotions of, "Oh, my goodness! How truly lovely and inspiring!" and "No fair! Alice has *sane* parents."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Emma's work too, you are so lucky and you are obviously loved a great deal. Deservedly so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A truly lovely gift for a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.