Tuesday 14 August 2012

A Day in the Life


At the end of the day
MissM opens the door.


MrsM
Hello! Have you had a good day?

MissM
Yes - I have been busy!
I have decided we will enter
baking into the village show
so I checked out the schedule.
I am entering a Victoria Sponge
and I looked at the other categories
to see what you could do.

MrsM
What?!
I have forgotten how to make bread
and my pastry is like concrete.

MissM
We can enter the 'Tea for Two' category
It is a medley of cakes and things.

MrsM feels faint.
She has never entered a cake show before.


MissM
You need a goal to work towards...

Also, I have been invited
to the Czech Republic for a week
and I have booked the flights.
Don't worry - I will be back
just in time to do the baking.
Can you give me a lift to Gatwick on Saturday?

9 comments:

  1. you'll need some nice doillies to show off your cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the words of Calendar Girls - 'line the bowl with butter, always use a warm spoon and if all else fails go to Marks and Spencers' - good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like MissM more and more as I get to know her through your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I think you must hand cut the doillies. It will get you extra brownie points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daughters: they do that, drag one put of one's comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! New things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would she be kind enough to come and organise my life please?

    Have a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Follow in your father's footsteps.
    I got first in breadmaking and second for shortbread at the Horticultural Show on Saturday !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.