Wednesday 16 October 2013

Pears in Red Wine


The pears, they are poached.
And very good they are too
served with Chantilly cream.

I only poach pears once a year
but it wasn't for the fact
that I still haven't made
my famous autumn plum crumble
I would definitely do them again.

I might anyway.
Some rules are just silly.


Here is a recipe similar to mine
but I use slices of orange instead of vanilla.
I also cut my pears in half,

lay them flat in the saucepan,
and turn them over half way through
because it uses less wine.
I'm mean like that.

6 comments:

  1. What a good idea. I'm also mean - and I've always been so disappointed when they're still white in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, what kind of rule is that? Who made it? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz in Missouri USAOctober 16, 2013

    Oh. My. Goodness. YUMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have been a man who made that rule. I adore poached pears, I wish you had invited me. I would be mean with the wine for cooking too, one needs to save some for drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A glass for the dish and the bottle for the chef I always say! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.