Thursday 3 November 2011

Moorish tile love

It is dark and wet outside
and there is evidence that somebody
has been feeling sorry for herself.

Let's change the subject...
what about Spain in January?
Does that sound fun?

The Deputy Exams Officer owes me a drink...
I'm hoping it will be
a tisane in the Moroccan Tea Rooms;

Jenny can entertain me
her mad twitter skillz
from the almond groves

and the Young Academic
is planning a trip to Ronda
with the Professor of whom we spoke
so I will try to hitch a lift.

It's only 81 sleeps until Nerja...
the countdown has started.

*****
tiles : Damascus (1420 - 1450)
images : ©Victoria and Albert Museum, London

11 comments:

  1. The Director of Publicity and Marketing owes me a sushi lunch!

    Spain in January? Oh, but the tuition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* A friend was just asking me this evening if I had any big plans now that our visiting family has returned to the Netherlands.

    That would be a no. I'll just have to live vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must make cheering holiday plans to look forward to with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tiles are wonderful with a capital W...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so looking forward to some vacation myself but I've been stopped by other things, more important.
    And now I've got no idea what I am looking at.
    Not nice.
    So, I am thrilled for you, I'll be counting along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh you have me me smile...

    I am honing those mad twitter skillz as we speak !

    Hope I can join you in the tea rooms... not long now x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these tiles are magnificent! i have found som realy beautiful ( those where norwegian tiles), i would love to have in my kitchen... too expensive though. still its always lovely to look at beautiful things : )
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally in love with Moorish Spain (am in Cordoba as I type...) If you love the tiles- come to this city, there are tiles galore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spain in January does sound fun, thank you. Can we come?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, but does the rain in Spain stay mainly on the plain in January? Loved Ronda and brought a load of tile back from Spain that we bought somewhere near there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm. Spain in January sounds like just the thing.

    What do you think about Pittsburgh in December?

    No, I thought not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.