Wednesday 5 September 2012

Shopping with MissM


MrsM and MissM are shopping
for MissM's new student house.
MrsM has already persuaded MissM
that she needs a turquoise colander
and a Moroccan themed bath mat.
It has been a good evening.



MissM
...and I will need some plates and bowls
MrsM
Right!
Now for the fun bit!
MissM
We must be sensible about this:
they might get broken in a student house
so I am thinking cheap plain white.
MrsM
mmmmm...
MissM
Also, I don't want to get a reputation
as some kind of weird china person.
MrsM
On the other hand...
if you have plain white china
it could mixed up with everyone elses
which would be a shame.
MissM
This is true.
MrsM
And this is a very practical shape
which will be useful for pasta and stirfrys
and is excellent value for money.
MissM
I give in.

13 comments:

  1. Reputation is very important, of course. I have a reputation in the playground as a weird sewing person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd be happy to cultivate any kind of reputation with a lovely bowl like that. Where can I get it?

    xx Susan
    P.S. If it's durable for a student house, would it be durable for a 4 and 6 year old who are going through their crockery breaking stage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. like mother, like daughter ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, stand out or blend in, no contest there! We have seen glimpses of the shoes, nail polish and party dresses, some times (most times) practical just does not cut it. LOVE the purchases!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say I didn't see that coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Were you in Anthropologie? We all want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was eyeing up that particular china range recently... if not that, M & S have something very similar. Excellent taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz in Missouri (USA)September 05, 2012

    LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Lucky Miss M! (And lucky you, to get to buy it for her!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, yes. With MrsM's guidance, MissM is clearly getting the hang of Home Economics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss M is being taught by a master, she will go far.I must say although I do love the china bowl, the brightly coloured bathmat drew my eye, any details available?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours all around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. MissM will go far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.