Wednesday 30 May 2012

(just for the record)

The Staff-Student Rounders Match


1.
Yes...I did get up early
and make these scones
before work.
Be proud of me!

2.
Yes...I did wear
sparkling white jeans
in the sure and certain belief
I wouldn't be in the team.

3.
Yes...these are the umpires.
You will note that
the two student umpires
are studying the rules.
They are young and responsible.

4.
On the other hand
the Young Academic
is drinking Pimms.
Nuff said.

5.
Yes...this is the student team.
If they look motivated
and ready to crush the opposition
that is because they were.

6.
There is a photo
of the staff team.
I am in it.

7.
So is MissM
who was 'persuaded'
to join in.


8.
Yes...this is Jenny
cutting her scrumptious cake.

9.
Yes...I can confirm that
the Pimms slipped down
very nicely in the sunshine.
So did the cake.

10.
Yes...
I ran.
In public.
Sheesh.

11.
MissM ran faster
and scored a rounder.
Yes...I'm proud.

12.
Yes...there are worse ways
to spend a sunny afternoon
at the end of term.

15 comments:

  1. Yes times ten!
    And, being an American and quite uneducated, I am going to Google Pimms. Joy to the World to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running in public, eek. Thank heavens there was cake and Pimms to revive one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Miss M's rounder! And now I know the difference between rounders and cricket. It is always nice to learn something new before 8 o'clock :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Running in public, it must be the effect of the heat, we will all calm down when the rain returns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 30, 2012

    Well done you! Scones first thing in the morning, running, and eating cake and drinking Pimms. You must be exhausted :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MrsM has always been a high performance all-rounder

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would run in public if there was Pimms and that delicious looking cake to run to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything involving Pimms and sunshine gets my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MrsM, this is the perfect blogpost.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 30, 2012

    Scones before breakfast and running in public? Where will it end?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even know what a Pim is and I love this post (here, Pim's are a cookie with either apricot or raspberry jam, covered with chocolate).

    ReplyDelete
  12. deeelightful! I'm especially impressed at ones admittance to running in public... a skill i have only mastered when A - I have been inordinately frightened or B - i simply CANNOT miss this bus... so well done you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your scones look good! And you ran in public - TWO Browne points for you! That looks like a great event for your school to put on, I'm sure it was truly appreciated by the students - how much by the staff would be dependent upon how much they feel they embarrassed themselves or the quantity of Pimms consumed!

    Have been back-tracking through your posts, I'm new here, from Lucy's blog, and am loving what I'm reading - look forward to your next - when you find time to get round to it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.