Monday 11 October 2010

Sunday Afternoon

The sun was shining and it was the perfect day
to stroll along Piccadilly to Fortnum &Mason
and arrive in time for lunch in the Gallery.

Cornish Crab with cucumber and chives

Is it really two years since MasterM sold chocolate
in his red tail coat and pinstripe trousers?
We felt sure that if we turned around he would be there.

Pan fried pollock with cannellini beans

After lunch we went upstairs to the stationery department
and thought how elegant the assistants looked
in their A-line black brocade jackets.

Custard tart with apple and cinnamon compote

Then we bought some multi-coloured macarons
for the Lovely Ladies in the office
and went to the V&A museum
to see the breathtaking Raphael cartoons.

There are worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon.

18 comments:

  1. This MUST be for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a pollocks !!


    Comments just for MrsM who will understand exactly what I mean

    WV : domish - presumably what is spoken in cathedrals

    ReplyDelete
  3. A most satisfying morsel of tourism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been for years but they used to do one of the best breakfasts in London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the perfect way to spend a Sunday. I'm taking my Mum to see the Raphael tapestries on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaaaah, blessed and b'loved Fortnums. I smile just thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You fail to reveal what you were wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am terribly taken with the muslin wrapped lemon, naturally Fortnums clearly feel that an unfiltered squeeze of lemon juice would be most unsuitable for their particular class of customer, very sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really envious now - I used to meet my daughter for lunch in Fortnums when we lived down south.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would LOVE to visit Fortnum and Masons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an enjoyable Sunday that sounds.......... a lovely "mix".....

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect Sunday afternoon! You can never go wrong at Fortnum's.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  13. There certainly are. (I liked the lemon, too. What a good idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a glorious way to spend an afternoon :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. London, I love London. Gran and I used to go shopping to Army and Navy and have lunch there or Marks and Sparks in Oxford St....not quite the same as Fortnum and Mason but still nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know a the most beautiful girl that works at Fortnums...!

    ReplyDelete