Friday 1 January 2010

one

In the summer we visited a small Italian town
which was supposed to have a wonderful restaurant.
We drove up the steep hill,
parked our car between tiny Fiats
and wandered around the jumble of unmarked streets.

In the central square was a huge poster
consisting of a mosaic of photographs.
Each shot showed a small hut in a field
photographed from exactly the same spot
in different lights and different seasons.

We never did find the restaurant
but went on to a pizzeria in the mountains
and sat watching a fiery sunset.
The images on the poster lingered in my mind
and I decided to adopt the idea
as a project for 2010.

This is the first of my series of photos.
It was taken on Christmas Day, 2009.

13 comments:

  1. An excellent idea. It happens incidentally with a familiar view as I discovered while sifting through the year, but that tree will be a wonderful subject. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! A happy new year to you Alice!
    Diana x
    Ps I have very happy memories of Crackington Haven....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea.

    As always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fantastic idea Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now very very impatient to see your final mosaic. I shall have to wait.

    Happy New Year Alice xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first image is stunning, so I look forward to seeing your project develop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be a lovely project, look forward to seeing the changes.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word I wonder if we should make this an international project - completely stealing your idea of course - me in Oz, I know someone in germany! there might be others...

    would you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous idea - and I suspect that, like everyone else, I'm going to be waiting with bated breath to see how this series unfolds...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea.

    Now I'm busy planning the perfect spot to take my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful idea Alice, you always offer me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool idea alice...I've been doing a similar study of light and shadow play on the snow outside the windows of my house...it changes from hour to hour and day to day. I hadn't thought of creating a mosaic...what a wonderful idea!!1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.