Thursday 12 November 2009

On a Grey Day

1.
New pea-green salt bins
for car parks that were ice rinks.

2.
A wool coat of Papal purple
which I call a Duffle but
she calls a Montgomery
because she is Italian.

3.
Metallic green polish that flashes
as tiny, manicured gestures are made.

4.
Flaming Titian hair.

5.
A bowl of orange clementines
among brown paper parcels.

6.
Patent purple sneakers.
A brave choice.

7.
A long scarf of rainbow shades
which drapes and folds and drags.

8.
Fresh yellow Mahonia spikes.

9.
Peacock blue scooter,
iridescent with raindrops.

10.
A pink velvet bow
of extravagant proportions.

11.
Red poppies,
sombre against black

15 comments:

  1. Just the burst of color I needed :) Very gray days here in Virginia too. Perhaps I should invest in some patent purple sneakers... K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog - wonderful! Love your writing, love your photos, a beautiful glimpse of the other side of the world. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You see Alice?
    You continue to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always late so I am always seconding someone. This time is RW and Eleanor. And I should add: I LOVE colours!!!
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful observations and such a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The delicious images this conjured up for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours told their story.... The red and the black pinpointed the day......... Exquisitely written. So much so it made me catch my breath.............

    ReplyDelete
  8. A rainbow to brighten my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See. Right there is why you would have been fabulous in the Rainbow Swap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are Mahonia spikes? Can I have the rainbow scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  11. red poppies against sombre black. One small tear...

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely, to counterbalance the grey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love reading your comments and even though I don't always have time to reply I am really grateful to every one who joins in the conversation.